Employer: Polio Australia
Sector: Not For Profit (NFP)
Work Type: 2-3 Year Contract, Full Time (New Position)
Work Areas: Administration, Aged Care and Seniors’ Rights, Health Promotion
Applications close: 5:00 pm, 28 July 2017
- Located in the Heart of Kew, Melbourne
- Close to Trams and Bus
- Small, Passionate and Dynamic Team
- Lovely View From 6th Floor Office!
About Polio Australia
Polio Australia is a small but active not-for-profit organisation, and the national peak body representing polio survivors throughout Australia. Its Board comprises two representatives from each of the six Australian State Polio Networks, plus two independent directors.
Polio Australia is committed to standardising quality polio information and service provision across Australia to ensure that all polio survivors have access to appropriate health care and the support required to maintain independence and make informed life choices.
Polio Australia recently received funding for two new Program areas: Fundraising and Clinical Education. We now require an experienced Administrative Officer to represent Polio Australia in a professional manner, whilst supporting the National Program Manager and two new Program staff to meet strategic objectives and achieve outcomes.
This role would suit someone who is adaptable, enjoys variety, and has the ability to work with minimal supervision. The right person will also be a passionate advocate for people ageing with a physical disability.
Desirable personal qualities include an easy-going and intuitive nature, the ability to demonstrate a high level of initiative, and a ‘can do’ positive attitude with a strong work ethic.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist with the scheduling, promotion, and associated administration for 60 half-day LEoP Clinical Practice Workshops and other complementary training activities for the health care sector across each state/territory;
- Liaise with professional peak health organisations, Primary Health Networks and Community Health service providers to help promote and schedule clinical practice workshops;
- Assist with the production and ongoing maintenance of related administrative and promotional material across the Program areas;
- Liaise with state-based Polio Networks and their members to seek their support and/or involvement in Polio Australia activities;
- Assist with events and activities planning such as the annual Walk With Me fundraiser, and Polio Health and Wellness Retreats;
- Contribute to the ongoing maintenance of Polio Australia’s Health Professional website containing educational resources and a ‘Post-Polio Health Professional Register’;
- Help identify opportunities to raise awareness of the Late Effects of Polio and Post-Polio Syndrome within the health sector and the community; and
- Take Minutes and prepare papers and reports for Polio Australia Board meetings and AGM’s.
Key Selection Criteria
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in providing administrative support to a multi-disciplinary team;
- High level computer proficiency including MS Office Word, Excel Spreadsheets, data-base applications, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher (or similar), and website maintenance;
- Professional-standard written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with problem-solving ability;
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads to meet deadlines in a time-sensitive environment;
- Prior experience in coordinating professional training schedules and/or fundraising/awareness raising events;
- Self-starter, with a high degree of initiative and the ability to work well both independently and as part of a small team;
- Ability to think and operate ‘creatively’ with limited resources; and
- A pleasant and professional telephone manner.
- Previous experience in the health, disability or aged care sectors;
- Relevant qualifications;
- Knowledge of the issues experienced by polio survivors; and
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence.
How to Apply for This Position
Interested? Please email your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria to: [email protected] (please use the title “Administrative Officer application via Polio Australia website” on your email if you don’t click this link).
More information about Polio Australia can be found on this site and at www.poliohealth.org.au.
Click here to download the complete Position Description at left.
To discuss the position please contact: Maryann Liethof, National Program Manager, on 03 9016 7678.
Applications close at 5:00 pm on Friday 28 July 2017.