Employer: Polio Australia
Sector: Not For Profit (NFP)
Work Type: 2 Year Contract, Part Time 0.5 EFT / 20 hours pw (New Position)
Work Areas: Communications and Marketing, Fundraising, Health Promotion
Applications close: 5:00 pm, 28 July 2017
- Located in the Heart of Kew, Melbourne
- Close to Trams and Bus
- Small, Passionate and Dynamic Team
- Lovely View From 6th Floor Office!
About Polio Australia
Polio Australia is a small but active not-for-profit organisation, and the national peak body representing polio survivors throughout Australia. Its Board comprises two representatives from each of the six Australian State Polio Networks, plus two independent directors.
Polio Australia is committed to standardising quality polio information and service provision across Australia to ensure that all polio survivors have access to appropriate health care and the support required to maintain independence and make informed life choices.
Polio Australia is seeking an experienced, dynamic and self-motivated Fundraising Officer who will be responsible for helping to future-proof Polio Australia’s service provision and program areas. This newly created position provides a meaningful opportunity to play a lead role in the creation of a philanthropic program to build revenue to support the needs of Australia’s ageing polio survivors.
Working in collaboration with the National Program Manager and a small team, the successful applicant will provide strategic fundraising advice and take an active role in the engagement and management of relationships, developing partnerships and sponsors to improve financial and philanthropic support.
- Explore opportunities and develop funding/revenue strategy for Polio Australia programs and projects including Government, Corporate, Philanthropic, Private Donors, and Fundraising Events/Activities;
- Develop and nurture long term beneficial relationships with key stakeholders;
- Manage all aspects of applying for and securing funding from government and philanthropic organisations and individuals;
- Manage the contractual arrangements and reporting requirements of relevant funding agreements;
- Develop and manage an annual program of government/philanthropic applications and grant funding opportunities;
- Work collaboratively to prepare for and promote fundraising events and activities;
- Develop and manage a Major Donor Acknowledgement program;
- Work collaboratively to promote fundraising campaigns through email, print, radio, social media, and website;
- Meet agreed income targets and provide accurate budgets, forecasts and prepare reviews for input into Strategic Planning Aims and Objectives; and
- Other duties as agreed with the National Program Manager.
Key Selection Criteria
- Resourceful and self-motivated, with the ability to undertake projects independently;
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Fundraising Officer (or similar), with knowledge and an understanding of the NFP sector and fundraising sector in Australia;
- Established track record in sourcing funding opportunities and writing successful submissions;
- Exceptional verbal and creative writing skills;
- Experience in developing positive relationships and ensuring continued support through excellent stewardship skills;
- Experience with print and radio media relations, and social media as a marketing tool;
- Professional level administration skills, including the use of a range of office technology, project budgeting, and effective time management; and
- Skilled in the use of MS Office software, and website maintenance.
- Relevant qualifications;
- Previous experience in the health, disability or aged care sectors;
- Knowledge of the issues experienced by polio survivors;
- Maturity and compassion; and
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence.
How to Apply for This Position
Interested? Please email your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria to: [email protected] (please use the title “Fundraising Officer application via Polio Australia website” on your email if you don’t click this link).
More information about Polio Australia can be found on this site and at www.poliohealth.org.au.
Click here to download the complete Position Description at left.
To discuss the position please contact: Maryann Liethof, National Program Manager, on 03 9016 7678.
Applications close at 5:00 pm on Friday 28 July 2017.