- Fact Sheet - Pain
- How to Manage Disability-Related Pain as You Age
- Clinical Papers
- Question & Answer
- Find A Health Professional
- All Topics
No questions have been asked so far.
If you have a question you would like answered, please submit it here:
A general practitioner provides person centred, continuing, comprehensive and coordinated whole-person health care to individuals and families in their communities.
A rehabilitation physician assess and manages the health of an individual with a disability due to illness or injury to help them achieve an optimal level of performance and improve their quality of life.
Visit Polio Australia's Health Professional Register to find an appropriate general practitioner or rehabilitation physician.
Can't find a health professional in your area? This list is still growing, and there might not yet be a registered health professional in your area.
The following links will take you to external websites where you may find helpful information on this topic.
- The Evolution of Pain and the Polio Survivor by Dr Stephen de Graaff 543.7 KB
- Post-Polio Health Care Considerations For Families and Friends: Pain by Post-Polio Health International
- Handbook on the Late Effects of Poliomyelitis for Physicians and Survivors: Pain by Post-Polio Health International
Thank you to Dr Steve de Graaff from Epworth Hospital for reviewing the contents of the fact sheet.