Click here to view (and download) all photos.
Presentations and notes from the sessions can be found under the corresponding day tab:
St Joseph’s Centre for Reflective Living is a lovely, peaceful environment, and very conducive to sharing and learning new information. The venue is approximately 30 minutes north-west of Sydney CBD and approximately one hour from Sydney Airport.
St Joseph’s is a wheelchair accessible venue with elevators to the upstairs accommodation. All rooms booked for this Retreat have walk-in showers. If requested, Polio Australia will hire shower stools, and over the toilet risers to help make the bathrooms more accessible and ensure your safety. This equipment will need to be booked in advance
- Single, double, and twin room configuration is available.
- There is a shared ‘bath room’ on each of the two accommodation floors for those who prefer a bath.
- All rooms have air-conditioning, internet and telephone services.
- There are several guest lounges with kitchenettes, as well as TV/DVD lounges on each level for guest use. There are no TV’s, fridges or tea/coffee facilities in the rooms.
- There is a computer room on level one with two computers for guest use.
- Registration, room allocation and facility orientation
- Welcome Dinner including Program Overview, Welcome and Special Guest Speaker Michael Lynch AO CBE, Co-Patron of Polio NSW
Friday focused on the post-polio BODY. How can you How is it different? What should you be aware of? How can you look after your body more effectively? Sessions included:
- Plenary: Polio Body [Download Presentation]
- Arthritis: Pain Management, Complimentary Medicines And Alternative Approaches
- Falls Prevention [Download Slides]
- Exercise Guide Overview And Discussion
- Partnering Polio
- History Of Knee Ankle Foot Orthoses (KAFO’s)
- Living With Polio: Looking After Your Shoulders
- Access To Aids And Equipment In The New Landscape
Saturday focused on exploring the various ways that you can keep your MIND healthy and active. Sessions included:
- Plenary: Psychological Adjustment
- How To Increase Your Retirement Nest Egg [Download Notes]
- Aged Care: Client Rights And Responsibilities
- Swollen Polio Legs
- Trash Or Treasure
- Our Words
- Universal Design, Accessibility, And Inclusion Across The Built Environment, Tourism And Services
- Partnering Polio
- Crafty Cards
- People Who Changed The World: Kerry Packer
- Early Polio Memories
Sunday focused on a variety of forms of the SPIRIT. Whether you are typically a 'spiritual' person or not - this day is about learning something new and keeping an open mind. Sessions included:
- The Spread Of Buddhism [Download Notes]
- Humanism: An Enlightened Life Stance
- Finding God in Christianity
Click here to see details of past retreats.