Polio Australia aims to standardise quality polio information and service provision across Australia for polio survivors. The State Polio Networks provide information relevant to your local area.
Australian Government Support & Services:
- Under 65 years of age? The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provides support for Australians with disability, their families and carers.
- Transitioning? The Continuity of Support (CoS) makes sure that older people with disability currently receiving state and territory-managed specialist disability services, who are not eligible for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), receive ongoing support. Click here to view the "easy read" brochure.
- Over 65 years of age? My Aged Care is the start point to access Australian Government funded services.
Polio Australia Support & Services:
- Register your details on the Australian Polio Register. This validates Polio Australia’s efforts when lobbying for support and services for polio survivors.
- Like our Facebook Page to stay up-to-date with all the latest information.
- Join our Facebook Group (open to everyone) or our 'Next Generation' Facebook Group (for polio survivors under 45 years old).
State-Based Polio Support & Services:Click on your state to view local support and services.