Applications have now closed for this position
Employer: Polio Australia
Work Type/s: Part Time
Classification/s: Administration, Operations & Risk Management
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Applications close: 31 July, 2019
Position Description: Click here to download
About Polio Australia
Polio Australia is a small but active not-for-profit charity, and the national peak body representing polio survivors throughout Australia. Its Board comprises two representatives from each of the six Australian State Polio Networks, plus three independent directors.
Polio Australia is committed to standardising quality polio information and service provision across Australia to ensure that all polio survivors have access to appropriate health care and the support required to maintain independence and make informed life choices.
Polio Australia is seeking an experienced, resourceful and self-motivated Office Manager who will be responsible for administering our operational budgets, funding prospects, staff requirements, general assets, and operational and charity compliance obligations.
The position holder will work as a member of the Polio Australia’s Shared Leadership team, in conjunction with the Program Operations Manager, both reporting directly to the Board.
- Maintain a collaborative working relationship with the Bookkeeper, President, and Treasurer;
- Participate in the joint Finance and Governance and Risk Management Sub-Committee meetings, including producing Minutes and Agendas;
- Prepare reports for the Board as required;
- Develop and maintain general office/business policies, systems and processes;
- Monitor and maintain charity and organisational accreditation and compliance;
- Develop and oversee human resource policies and procedures including: Staff entitlements; Workplace Health and Safety; Compliance with statutory and other legal obligations such as Police Checks and Working With Children certificates;
- Ensure staff are aware of all relevant policies and procedures;
- Participate in the recruitment and induction of new or vacant positions as required;
- Prepare and distribute relevant HR documentation for new staff;
- Confer with bookkeeper regarding new staff ‘on costs’ and salary entitlements;
- Conduct staff performance reviews, as required;
- Research funding submissions that may be relevant to Polio Australia and allocate to relevant program staff member/s for preparation;
- Contribute to funding submissions for Polio Australia programs and projects, i.e. develop budget expenditure and prepare risk analysis;
- Monitor risk, performance, and resource anomalies and recommend strategies for mitigation;
- Oversee the contractual arrangements and reporting requirements of relevant funding agreements;
- Explore opportunities for fund-raising / sponsorship / corporate partners / capital expansion.
- Relevant Tertiary business-related qualification;
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position/s;
- Knowledge of not for profit business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and asset management;
- Experience in developing effective operational systems and procedures;
- Demonstrated knowledge of procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, performance development and performance management;
- Computer literacy using Microsoft Office with a sound knowledge of accounting software (MYOB preferably) and excel;
- Understanding of not for profit program budgets, and ability to prepare project budgets for funding submissions;
- Familiar with philanthropic and government funding body contract and acquittal requirements;
- Excellent communication skills;
- High attention to detail;
- Effective time management.
- Previous experience in the health, disability or aged care sectors;
- Knowledge of the Late Effects of Polio, or other chronic condition;
- Maturity and compassion;
- Current Australian Drivers Licence.
How to Apply for This Position
Interested? Please email your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria to: [email protected] (please use the title “Office Manager application via Polio Australia website” on your email if you don’t click this link).
More information about Polio Australia can be found on this site and at www.poliohealth.org.au.
To discuss the position please contact: Maryann Liethof, National Program Manager, on 03 9016 7678.
Applications close at 5:00 pm on Wednesday 31 July 2019.