In 2012 Polio Australia once again facilitated its 3 day Polio Health and Wellness Retreat for polio survivors and their partners, this time from Thursday 26 to Sunday 29 April at the Ramada Hotel and Conference Centre Marcoola Beach on the beautiful Sunshine Coast in Queensland.
This third Retreat delivered on its promise to build on previous programs and participant feedback to present a range of self-management techniques which will enable participants to achieve general wellbeing, as well as providing options for people to remain as mobile and independent as possible.
The holistic ‘Body / Mind / Spirit’ theme included:
- Interactive group sessions and one-to-one consultation opportunities with a variety of allied health professionals
- Hydrotherapy and exercise options
- Latest orthotics, aids and equipment displays
- Seated Yoga and Meditation Sessions
- Activities to Keep The Mind Active
- Creative Workshops and Singing for Health
- Massage therapy