Thank you everyone who attended our 2017 Polio Health and Wellness Retreat.
Here you will find the report, photographs and links to presentations from the Retreat.
Polio Australia ran its 3 day Polio Health and Wellness Retreat for polio survivors and their partners, from Thursday 26 to Sunday 29 October 2017 at the SurfAir Conference & Events Centre Marcoola on the beautiful Sunshine Coast in Queensland.
The seventh Retreat built on previous programs and participant feedback to present a range of self-management techniques which will enable participants to achieve general wellbeing, as well as providing options for people to remain as mobile and independent as possible.
These are the sessions that ran each day (red text indicates a clickable link to download presentations or handouts):
Thursday 26th October
- Welcome Dinner
- Guest Speaker
- Program Overview
- Introductions and Orientation
Friday 27th October (Body)
- Plenary: The Polio Body
- ‘Hold On’ - Peter Lysaught
- A Healthy Happy Shoulder - Anthony Nakhle
- Keeping Yourself Mobile
- To Brace Or Not To Brace
- Healthy Eating - Jody Pollard
- New Insights, Innovation And Information In Treating Common Foot Problems
- Medicines: All You’ve Ever Wanted To Know But Never Asked
- Negotiating My Aged Care - Rhee Duthie
- Partnering Polio
- Plenary: Exploring the Healthy Mind - Corey Jackson
- Cultivating Emotional Balance – Corey Jackson
- But What About Me?
- Chair Yoga
- Cryptic Crosswords
- Write Your Story - Jenny Riley
- Miniature Gardens
- Kitchen Table Economics & Investing - Damian Lillicrap
- Live Love Life Colourfully – Sarah Hutson & Sue Mackenzie
- Partnering Polio
Sunday 29th October (Spirit)
- Plenary: The Spirit
- Philosophy, Science And World Religions
- Introduction To Buddhism
- Finding God In Christianity
What our participants said about their experience:Retreat Reflection - Julia V.