In 2017 Polio Australia will once again facilitate its 3 day Polio Health and Wellness Retreat for polio survivors and their partners, this time from Thursday 26 to Sunday 29 October at the Ramada Hotel and Conference Centre Marcoola Beach on the beautiful Sunshine Coast in Queensland.
Keep watching this page for further details as they come to hand.
This seventh Retreat promises to build on previous programs and participant feedback to present a range of self-management techniques which will enable participants to achieve general wellbeing, as well as providing options for people to remain as mobile and independent as possible.
A sample of what the holistic ‘Body / Mind / Spirit’ theme might include:
- Interactive group sessions and one-to-one consultation opportunities with a variety of allied health professionals
- Hydrotherapy and exercise options
- Latest orthotics, aids and equipment displays
- Seated Yoga and Meditation Sessions
- Activities to Keep The Mind Active
- Creative Workshops
- Massage therapy